Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hit the road.

So much has happened in the last four years...it's very hard to pick a place to start.  With that in mind, I've decided that I won't pick a place and I"ll just pick up with our lives as they are today.
The possums are growing and changing so much.  P1 just graduated from high school and we're all excited about her transition from childhood to adulthood.  P2 is still a fantastic young man and he's going to be driving very soon.  P3 is wonderful and imaginative.  P4 is starting the third grade and keeps everyone on  their toes.  Basically, I still have the greatest kids a mom could ask for. :)

We're getting ready to embark upon a road trip.  This road trip will take us through Vegas, Salt Lake, and other points unknown, with the ultimate destination being Yellowstone.  This is a trip I've been wanting to do for a while and now that I have a second driver (P1), it seems feasible.  If anyone knows of any lesser known, interesting spots for exploring along the way, please let me know!

10 comments:

Eamon Knight said...

...and this is why I never clean apparently-inactive feeds out of my RSS subs. Welcome back ;-).

Calladus said...

Have a Gyro at the Mad Greek in Baker California! My late wife loved that place.

cognitive dissident said...

The route from Las Vegas to Salt Lake will take you close to 2 national parks: Zion and Bryce Canyon...I recommend both of them very highly.

PS: Welcome back!

Stew said...

Possummomma! Love to you and the family

Leslie said...

Welcome back! Great that you are off on a road trip!

Alison said...

What a lovely surprise to see you in my Google Reader this afternoon! I look forward to reading you again. And I hope you have a great trip!

TWForeman said...

Craters of the Moon national monument in Idaho - http://www.nps.gov/crmo/index.htm - is worth a detour if you have time.

wh44 said...

Welcome back! :-)

paul [silentsanta] said...

[silentsantaNZ]

Dear Possummomma and Possums #1 through #4 - You rule! and we've missed you! Also re: #p1 driving o_O my god I feel... old.

Have yourselves a fantastic trip!

Steve said...

Welcome back. Looking forward to your next update.