Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pickychicky

Pickychicky commented and asked for an update. She's right. An update is more than overdue.

I'm still gun-shy about posting too much on this blog. Certain people are eager to use anything said as ammunition. Apparently, there are friends of mine who still get flack and weekly inquiries about my existence. (frown)

The kids and I are plugging along. I still have majority custody of them and contrary to what's been posted elsewhere, there's been no justification for changing that.

I won't talk about Pdaddy. He is an individual in his own rite and should speak for himself. I don't understand his choices or his behavior. I can only speak for myself. I'm adjusting. It's really hard adjusting to life as a single mother of four after being with your best friend/life partner for almost a decade. I miss Mike: I can't lie. It's strange not having him around to talk to and I miss the relationship I thought we had. There are times when I really wish he was home. Then I realize that his actions prohibit the trust that's necessary in having that sort of relationship. I will say he's been very helpful with my latest hiccup.

I hurt my knee pretty badly. It's made life complicated.

The kids are adjusting. P2 is such a rock. I really value his contributions to our new family. He's been busy with drumline and scouts. P1 is a fourteen year old girl - focused on school and planning for the future. Having a teenage girl is an experience. P3 is dealing with the situation in the best way she can. She, rightfully and understandably, misses what was. P4 is my daily reminder that childhood is a gift and he takes up most of my attention. We're busy with creating new schedules and enjoying one another.

I've been trying to keep up with my friends online. It's difficult. There just aren't enough hours in a day. If you want to call me, that's probably an easier way to contact me.

I hope to get back into blogging (late this summer). I need to take care of other priorities first. I miss you all terribly. I hope you all know that. *hugs*

26 comments:

Erp said...

Keep well.

Dawn said...

Pmomma: I just lurk, lately, but am glad for the update. Happy to hear you and the lil possums are coping as well as you are. I admire your strength. Sorry to hear about the knee sprain. Hope you are better soon. I'll keep checking for new posts. Hugs from NJ.

yanub said...

Thanks for the update. From what you write, it seems like you and the kids are dealing with this sudden change in your life as well as can be reasonably expected.

Steve in MI said...

PM, I'll speak for the entire "virtual community" and say that the lot of us send our best wishes. I am about 6 (!) years in to the process that you're just beginning. It has been a long, hard slog, but my three little'uns are doing very, very well. It was never easy, but sticking to my values (honest heathendom) and what I believe in (atheism, awe, and wonder), day after day, really have done wonders to improve my family's outcome.

Here's hoping that the "long run" treats you equally well. Kindest thoughts from chilly Michigan,

Traceytreasure said...

So glad you updated. I've been wondering how you've been doing. Sorry about your knee. I hope it heals soon.
I love how you talk about your kids. I also have one that's young enough to be a reminder that childhood is a gift. Your kids are lucky that your such a strong and caring woman.

Hugs!!

SWE said...

Thank you for the update on things. I've missed you and been worried about you. Hang in there!

Poodles said...

I miss you too. I promise to try and call this weekend. :)

lesliepear said...

(HUGS)

Was just thinking about you and glad you posted.

Renacier said...

Hang in there, yeah?

vamp said...

I miss our phone calls too. Life has just been to busy lately.

Sorry to hear about your knee. I hope it heals soon.

Mumsy called, she's gonna be in San Diego this weekend and wants us to come out and visit...hahahhahhahhaha!

pickychicky1979 said...

I think about you a lot. I can't begin to imagine dealing with such a thing. I'm here is I can help in any way.

Charla said...

Sorry to hear that you're still being harrassed. I unfortunately read a posted exchange in "that" forum and was disgusted by the pettiness and anger some people can't seem to let go of.

Thinking about you and hoping you and the little ones are healing.

Ginny said...

Thanks for the update! Take care, you are strong & will do great. Can't wait for your return to blogging. Take the time you need to deal with everything!

Melissa said...

When I was deconverting, yours was one of the first blogs I read that really helped me. I really, truly thank you for that.

I hope that everything works out for the best for everyone involved and that your knee heals quickly. I miss reading you on a regular basis!

Phoebe Caulfield said...

*hugs*

Karen said...

*more hugs*

Thanks for letting us know you and the possums are ok. Sorry to hear about the knee -- heal well!

kourou said...

Possummomma, you have all my sympathies.
I know one day the dark times will have passed for you. Strength and courage until then.

Word verification: prosperr. I'm sure you will!

Firebird said...

Thank you for the update.

Your blog have been one of the things giving me glimps of understanding on children (I have no myself), religion (as I went from believer in believing to atheist) and the US (I'm from Denmark). Therefore I will of course be checking in often to read any updates.

That, I hope, will also let me know that you and yours are ok. It is clearly very hard times for you and your family. I hope you all can sail through this storm without taking too many hits. I wish you a speedy recovery (also with your knee). Keep well.

Kim Morris said...

Possummomma, take care of yourself, your kids need you now, more than ever. (Been there, done that). Find a way to vent out of earshot, and something a very good friend once told me - never ever put down the dad in front of the kiddies. Best friend's shoulders are the best place for that. You will get through this, we're all here for you.

Jadehawk said...

hi, I just stopped by to give you some cyberhugs, wish you good luck with everything, and link to a new EX-Quiverful blog you might be interested in reading if you have the time:

No Longer Quivering

Seven Crows said...

Just cause it might give you something to think about and take your mind off your poor knee. This just in as a rumor on Twitter: Anna Duggar is pregnant again!

Psychodiva said...

MIssing you as well- and glad that you are getting on as well as you can- glad also for the update and that the little possums are getting on ok too :) you are in my thoughts

xxxPam

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself and I hope as time goes by, things will get better for you.

Erin said...

I miss you... I'm so happy to hear from you and know that you are dealing with it all, as best as you can.

jesslla said...

I miss you and think about you a lot. I hope things look brighter soon for you. Take care of yourself.

kourou said...

Dear Possummomma,
Hello - hope you're well, and that things are going well. If and when you write more, I will enjoy reading it very much.
In the meantime, best wishes.