Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What's new?

Questions from the ole' inbox.

Did you stop blogging? I miss your posts.
Short answer? No. Long answer. I have too much else going on to put blogging on any priority list. I know there are some rumors and innuendo going around that might deserve responses, but I don't have the time, nor the inclination. Information is on a need to know basis temporarily. I have four amazing, beautiful kids who have always come first and that won't be changing any time soon. I know most of you understand.

What did you think of Obama's speech?

I assume you mean the inauguration? I don't know. It was pretty typical. I'm excited about change for the country. I'm normally not a change for change's sake person but this change of power feels right. It's time for new ideas and strategies. It's time to regroup on policy and I think Obama will institute that reflection. I think he'll change what needs changing while respecting the things that are working.

Did any of your kids bite? What did you do because I'm out of ideas?

Every kid but P1 went through a biting phase. My response depended on the kid with the chomping habit. I think you have to really ask "why?" they're biting and work from there. Is it frustration? Is it pain from teething? Is it anger? Is it to cause pain to the bite'ee? Is the kid bored or do they want attention? Send me a private e-mail explaining the situation or comment here. I can't promise a speedy response but I'll look for it. Mostly just know that biting is common in preschoolers/toddlers. You don't see many ten year old kids who make a habit of biting so I promise you can handle this.

Where do you get your art supplies? You told me before and I can't find the link. Is it tempera that kids use for painting?

www.discountschoolsupplies.com is a good place for kids stuff. If you can't find it there, try Classrooms Direct. Tempera is for every day painting, on cheap paper. If you want to paint on plastic/clay/wood, I suggest acrylics at Michael's Crafts. Watercolor is another cheap alternative and easy to clean up, but it only works on non-glossy, woven paper. It runs on newsprint. E-mail me.

Where do you find baby corn?

In a can at the market. Try the canned veggie section.

6 comments:

popeyemoon said...

I am glad you are able to post,will keep a eye on your blog.peace

mumfie said...

Children come first of course!

Glad to hear from you and hope you're able to move forward, however slowly.

Thoughts are with you and your family, along with hugs to you all however metaphorical.

vamp said...

Where do you find baby corn?

With it's mama corn of course...weird question...

Kim Morris said...

Pmomma, I wanted to comment on the previous blogpost, but I figured you're done reading it now. My heart goes out to you and the litt'ns, been there, done that.
I know easy for me to say, but you will be stronger for this in the end.
Rant and rave all you want, if you need to vent in private you may email me, I'm a good listener.
Peace to you.

jesslla said...

Just dropping by to say hi, and let you know that I was thinking of you.

Corbie said...

Just popping in to say, hello, that you're missed and that I hope you and the kids are doing well.
{{{biggest of big hugs}}} to Possummomma and the little Possums.