Monday, April 07, 2008

Pmomma, since you did the iPod meme, will you do this one? I love your blog. Reading it is the highlight of my day in this hell hole. - Jax, stationed in Iraq

Well, with flattery like that, how can I say "No!"? And, of course...it's for the troops (I've always wanted to say that!). So, Jax...here ya' go.

1. Name your top five movie quotes of the 80's (include movie and character).
- "Oink, oink, my good man." - European Vacation, Rusty Griswold
- "Oh Stewardess! I speak jive." - "Airplane", Barbara Billingsly is the actresses name.
- Carole: "Hey Goose you big stud!" Goose: "That's me, honey." Carole: "Take me to bed or lose me forever". Goose: "Show me the way home, honey."
- "What's a frush?" - Revenge of the Nerds, Toshiro
- Pretty much anything said by Jeff Spicoli in Fast Times

2. What are the five worst movies of the 80's?
- Howard the Duck
- Cocktail
- Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo
- Teen Wolf
- Earth Girls Are Easy

3. Name five pieces of advice you got from 80's movies?
- If you're going to skip school, you should join a parade and sing on a float.
- If you build it, they will come.
- If you're a singing, red-headed orphan, you have a better chance of landing a sweet mansion than if you're a a whiney brunette.
- Parents always come home from vacations a day early.
- Don't forget the doll.

4. What 5 songs, from the 80's, do you hate?
- Don't Worry, Be Happy
- Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
- Walk the Dinosaur
- Who's Johnny?
- Kokomo

5. Which 5 actors/actresses from the 80's did you crush on?
- Anthony Edwards
- Robert Sean Leonard
- Neil Patrick Harris
- Matthew Broderick
- Kevin Bacon

6. Which 5 current events stick in your mind from the 80's?
- The space shuttle Challenger exploding.
- the US boycotting the Moscow Olympics of 1980.
- Ash from Mt. St. Helen's exploding.
- Famine in Ethiopa
- Sally Ride and Sandra Day O'Connor

Ok. Keep safe, Jazx!

7 comments:

RickU said...

I'm very disappointed in you Pmomma.

4. What 5 songs, from the 80's, do you hate?
- Don't Worry, Be Happy
- Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
- Walk the Dinosaur
- Who's Johnny?
- Kokomo

I can't say that I know #3 but the other 3 are classic and beautiful. Bobby Mcferrin is a genius...it's not his fault his song gets stuck in your head for days.

Sean the Blogonaut F.C.D. said...

Hey what do you know I had a crush on Anthony Edwards too. :)

Matt D. said...

How dare you disrespect Howard the Duck by putting it in the bottom five!

Best duck movie ever. <-Period

Atheist in a mini van. said...

Ricku said...I can't say that I know #3 but the other 3 are classic and beautiful. Bobby Mcferrin is a genius...it's not his fault his song gets stuck in your head for days.

Oh come on. I'm a Beach Boys fan, but Kokomo was hardly great music. And, what the hell was with John Stamos playing the drums? If I want to hear Uncle Jesse beat his kit, I'll watch re-runs of Full House.

McFerrin sold his soul to produce Don't Worry, Be Happy.

The rest of them were just so overplayed that I'll cringe if they come on the radio even today.

Sean the Blogonaut F.C.D. said...
Hey what do you know I had a crush on Anthony Edwards too. :)

Were you a fan of the Top Gun Edwards or the Revenge of the Nerds Edwards? ;) And...who knew that Neil Patrick Harris was gay? Maybe Doogie never hooked up with Wanda because he secretly lusted for Vinnie?

Matt D. said...
How dare you disrespect Howard the Duck by putting it in the bottom five!

Best duck movie ever. <-Period


Poor, poor, deluded, Matt. ;)
The best duck movie just so happens to be Spare the Rod starring Donald.

Charles Tupper said...

Earth Girls are Easy was a bad movie? It's hardly a heavyweight, but I thought it was hilarious, and it's on my "classic worth rewatching once in a while" list.

You just have to love a soundtrack by Julie Brown.

Matt D. said...

Well, if you're going to include animated then you're still mistaken...

It's "Donald in Mathmagicland" :)

Enkidu said...

1. Name your top five movie quotes of the 80's (include movie and character).

"Where's your invitation, Senor Beaver?" - Zoro, the Gay Blade

2. What are the five worst movies of the 80's?
- Earth Girls Are Easy

Hey, that's a capmy classic! You want bad? "Logan's Run" was bad. Was "The Black Hole" by Disney made in the 80s?

3. Name five pieces of advice you got from 80's movies?

There wasn't much wisdom in the eighties, in movies or elsewhere.

4. What 5 songs, from the 80's, do you hate?
- Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go

Gotta agree here.


5. Which 5 actors/actresses from the 80's did you crush on?

Jodie Foster

6. Which 5 current events stick in your mind from the 80's?
- The space shuttle Challenger exploding.

I remember where I was . . . I could find the parking spot I was in when it came over the radio.