Thursday, April 03, 2008

Pmomma before the "Momma" part.

While I've been sick, I've been putting together a bunch of pictures for my parents. Their anniversary is next week (42 years)! But, as with a lot of pictures from the sixties and seventies, the printing methods were terrible and the pictures are various shades of yellow/orange. Most of my time was spent trying to fix the damage. I used my camera to take pics of the pics and then did a lot of color correcting. But... I found some pics of me growing up that made me laugh.


People always seem skeptical when I tell them I grew up working. Here's proof. We had tangerines, lemons, peaches (briefly), blood oranges, tangelos, grapefruit, and avacados. This pic is from the mid-70's and shows my brother and I doing some composting under the trees. Oh yeah...and...I painted that fence! LOL I was about three or four.













The next pic is from a trip we took to the Grand Canyon when I was eight. My dad and I are the goofy ones in the family. In fact, his notes on this picture were "Chris and I being ourselves." The funny thing is...I have a picture of P1 and P2 at this very same picture spot.













A picture of me at our wedding...holding a picture of me at two. I can see a lot of P1 and P3 in myself. Oh! And, that doll was all my mom's idea. I was more of a tomboy.



















This was our family in 1981 (which was after some very tough times for our family...and no, I can't share). But, what cracks me up is that my dad has that mustache, my brother has a crew cut, and I'm sporting the Dorothy Hammil hairdo that I absolutely hated. My hair has some strange cowlicks and curls and...well, let's just say it's tendency was not to flip "under". So, my mom would go on a mission with her curling iron. Also...*love* my brother's shirt. How very 80's!




Anyway...I thought you'd enjoy seeing Pmomma instead of the possums. I'd love to see YOUR baby pictures.

SHOUT OUT TO Abi, Bethanna, and ReVamp - I found some candid shots from the wedding that are too cool. When I get the chance, I'll send you guys copies.




I'll be posting another post about an atheist related issue tonight, too.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Sean the Blogonaut F.C.D. said...

Nice wedding photo. You look like your kids or rather they look like you :)

I want to lodge a complaint though. How come you only post happy wedding photo's :p

Psychodiva said...

lol you are brave posting pics of yourself- I couldn't do that ! altho my dad I'm sure would love to see the one of me with the HUGE perm :)

and you do look like P1!!!

Maggie Rosethorn said...

Gods, Pmomma. I nearly died when I saw the family portrait. I could post a picture of myself, if I could find it, of me in about 3rd grade looking enough like you to be your twin sister (if I wasn't several years older than you). Except for the fact I had a bob haircut instead of the Hamil Flip, we look about the same.

Betsy said...

Wow, your kids really do look like you!
I love looking at old pictures, whether my family or someone elses. Quite a trip back in time. Thanks for posting yours!

Kori said...

I had the same haircut; damn, I was hot. Yeah, whatever. thanks for visiting my blog, and for being so willing to provide an honest, insightful picture of who you are! I would be honored to be on your blog roll, and hope to reciprocate? BTW, John Irving is a genius! My baby is actualy named after Owen Meany....

Poodles said...

I might have to dig up some old photos. In most of them I am probably holding a fish. :)

aimee said...

That brings back memories seeing the one of you at Bedrock. I'll have to see if I can find mine. I've been wondering if it was still there or not, I think my kids would like it. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with us.

The wedding pic of you holding your pic looks just like P3 in some of the one's you've posted.

Amy said...

!) You were a beautiful bride and 2) WHOA you look exactly like P3 in that pic you're holding! If I saw it out of context I would assume it was P3.