Friday, February 29, 2008

Crazy Week


Sorry I've not posted much this week. I was sick on Tuesday and Wednesday (sick being completely relative to always being sick). Now I'm stressin' out over everything that has to happen this weekend: packing, moving out, painting, carpet steaming, moving back in, and getting everyone settled. It's been on the agenda for six or seven months now and the house is in chaos. But, it will all be for the best when P1 has a bed her feet don't hang off of (she's getting tall!). And, when the boys are in one room, it's my hope that the Legos won't commence a mass migration through the laundry room and into the livingroom. If I take one more 1x1 piece on a bare foot I'm going to strangle someone. I am, however, kind of curious to see how Lightning McQueen, Mater, and Doc Hudson mesh with Harry Potter, Pirates, and Star Wars?

!!I got to go out of the house last night!! P1 had a high school, GATE/AP orientation. All I have to say is, I'm so glad I am not a high school student. But, I think P1 is going to have a great, great time.

And...that leaves me with my rant for the day: reality shows. I'm tired of them. My disgust reached full tilt when I saw the preview for "Your Mama Can't Dance." The premise of the show is finding dancers and then surprising them by making them dance with their non-dancing parents. Because, "Dancing With the Stars", "America's Best Dance Crew", and "America's Got Talent" weren't enough dancing reality for one generation to suffer through? And, let's just forget that the whole formula is contrived as hell. I just have no real desire to see Mario Lopez (Slater from "Saved By The Bell") and Ian Zeiring (Steve Sanders from "90210") faux judge a dance contest. It's like someone took The Gong Show and loaded it with steroids. Or, what was that show where Adrien Zmed pranced around...*thinks*. Was that Dance Fever? I guess every generation has to have it's lame dance off show, but...one is enough. Seriously.

OH! Here is the response to the article in the Kansas City paper. Enjoy. I'll be doing a rebuttal later.

6 comments:

Sean the Blogonaut F.C.D. said...

I watch only selected television shows now. We eventually get all you reality shows so I refuse to watch them spending my time in self directed education and killing Templars in the Holy Land ( Assassin's Creed)

Christoff said...

Hi there,

I came across your site as I was searching for Atheist Blogs and thought it was a really great site! Loved snooping around a bit!

Keep it up and have a look at my site as well - also a lot of atheistic posts

Regards,
Christoff Gouws
ZAVibes.com

reVAMPed said...

Hence the power we have to turn the channel...my girlfriend Jackie just called me and told me there was a new show with old child actor Danny Bonaduce from the Partridge Family, called "Child Star" where he seeks out the next under-18 talent and parent willing to tackle Hollywood.

I won't even turn if off, because I won't even turn it ON...

FSMismyhero said...

@Sean the Blogonaut:

I would like to apologize profusely for our t.v. And this new season of reality shows is worse than ever!!!

Sean the Blogonaut F.C.D. said...

Consider it payback for us giving you Ken Ham :)

Betsy said...

I'm not so sure anything can make up for Ken Ham...