So, as some of you may have noticed, John has been quite a prolific writer in the Crazy, Dueling Kids thread. I've noticed, however, that he has a tendency to avoid questions. Now, I'm not sure if that's because we've asked so many of him or if he's just blatantly ignoring the harder questions. But, I thought I'd make a post listing the questions he's ignored. I know some of you won't agree with me making this post "all about him", but I really want to get him penned down and accountable for some of his comments.
1. Maggie asks: How can you take the innocent pictures of children playing and say they are trying to hurt each other? I would add an addendum asking why he seems to get so bent by the pictures in the first place. Every post that he's chosen to get huffy in has been a picture post.
2. Maggie asks: Do you REALLY think any woman has a hysterectomy just because she doesn't want more children?
3. Possummomma asks: Why don't you show us some pictures of your family, John? Put up or shut up! This question is very important to me, as it's been considered that John is a troll. Pictures would go a long way in showing us that he actually has a family and that they live all of the ridiculous mandates that John claims he has taken from the Bible.
4. Possummomma asks: And, if you truly consider the Bible to be your instruction manual, then I'm surprised your kids are still alive. How did they avoid all of the stoning and sacrifices?
5. Possummomma asks: How do you live life with such paralyzing fear?
6. Maggie asks: Do you love your wife enough to refuse to have more children if you were told a pregnancy would kill her? Or is she just a uterus, you and the living children can easily replace a uterus, you know.
7. Saurian asks him about his motivation for posting here...and John didn't really elaborate on this question: How do you intend to accomplish that goal? Your tactics have been completely unsuccessful so far, so why haven't you tried something else? Have you considered another strategy? If yes, why aren't you using it? If no, why not?
8. Saurian asks: Why believe any of that (John's belief that the role of women can be best found in the Bible)? Because you say so? Because the book you happen to follow says so? Why?
9. Paul asks: Do you imagine that an Indian child, choosing to be obedient to instructions from the Hindu temple instead of a christian church is displaying virtuous obedience?
10. Paul asks: Aside from the Bible, can you think of any other evidence for the existence of your God? (John did attempt to answer this, but he tore off into personal experience. I would like him to give an answer focused on the word "evidence".)
11. Possummomma asks: God asks some pretty terrible things of parents - why are you only obeying part of his Parenting 101 class?
12. Possummomma asks: So, a PhD in Religious Studies would be from Satan? (John comments that higher education is a sin.)
13. Possummomma asks: So,...women wanting to lead, or share leadership, is akin to anarchy?
14. Saurian200 asks: what's God's plan for this discussion then?
15. Trust n Truth asks: What if I could show you how much Christianity hurt me and how much better, more loving, and more positive I became once I left it?
So, John. Fifteen questions. Fifteen avoided questions that we would all like to know the answers to. If you can't answer these, then I'm going to suggest that you retreat into your family and your faith and not come back until you can answer these questions. They're not difficult. But, if you refuse to answer them, I'm going to consider you a troll and start removing your comments from posts as you're being a big pain in the ass. I'm more than willing to listen to what you have to say, as are most people here, but you've got to bring a bit more to the table. Simply saying "It is so because my Bible says it is so." is not enough evidence.