Sunday, October 07, 2007

Evolution Meme

I was tagged by Sean to do this evolution meme.
I am supposed to list five previous posts which reflect the evolution of Possummomma/AiaMV and tag five other blogs so they'll do the same.

1. My first, public entry into the Possum Blog was on August 19, 2006. I have kept a blog since 1999 on Livejournal, but this blog was to be the blog wherein I felt out my atheism. In the beginning, I had maybe three routine guests - Margene, Erin, and Ginny.

2. September and October of 2006 saw me purging my memories of my Catholic girlhood. Very necessary.

3. As most of you know, the blog changed forever on January 9th, 2007. This was when I realized the power of the internet. I went from having about twenty regular readers to a couple hundred almost over-night. It was scary. As Russel Glasser and Matt D. can attest, I really struggled with keeping this blog. The actions of he-who-shall-not-be-named really threw my world into a tizzy. But, in the end, I realized that that was exactly the point - try and get me to fear going public and speaking out. This person wanted my family to feel fear.

4. In June, I finally posted pictures of my kids. This was a big deal to me. It may not have seemed like much to the average reader, but it really was a mental milestone. The blog took on a more family feel. Atheism is still the main topic, but how that affects my family has become a point of discussion.

5. So...here we are today. And, because I get tongue twisted on the podcast (oh yeah! That's something that 'evolved' from the blog!), I'm outing the possums. I'll probably still refer to them by number on the blog, but...I just can't do it on the podcast. It's too confusing. LOL So...without further ado:
Possum 1 - Alexis
Possum 2 - Jake
Possum 3 - Grace-Caroline, or "Gracie".
Possum 4 - Owen
Anyone who's looked at the slideshows has probably figured out their names, anyway. :)

5.

7 comments:

Terra said...

I like your point about the fear and then realizing that that was his intent and not giving in to it. You were very brave, as we all know some of those people are just wackos. I've enjoyed your blog ever since the Christmas essay. Keep up the good work, P-Momma!

Milo Johnson said...

When empirical reality does not match your precepts, it is time to doubt your precepts, not to doubt reality. You've become a powerful voice for rational and non-superstitious points of view and you are welcome at the Alley any time.

Atheist in a mini van. said...

I like your point about the fear and then realizing that that was his intent and not giving in to it. You were very brave, as we all know some of those people are just wackos. I've enjoyed your blog ever since the Christmas essay. Keep up the good work, P-Momma!
Thank you, Terra!! I have enjoyed getting to know you, too.

When empirical reality does not match your precepts, it is time to doubt your precepts, not to doubt reality. You've become a powerful voice for rational and non-superstitious points of view and you are welcome at the Alley any time.

Ahhhhh...thanks, Milo. :)

Sean the Blogonaut F.C.D. said...

You are an inspiration, PM!

Poodles said...

It has been great getting to know you through your blog. AND your freakishly cute kids, you sure they aren't androids or something?

Atheist in a mini van. said...

AND your freakishly cute kids, you sure they aren't androids or something?

Not that I know of...although, they get 'wound up' on occasion. ;)

Humanist Mama said...

I'm one of your readers who found you through The Non-Prophets...and I'm glad I did :) I felt like it was a big step for you to post your kids' pictures on the blog...and I'm not sure if I'd be brave enough to do it. It's nice that you did because we get a clearer picture of who you are and can see how much your kids are loved :) Keep up the good work!