Tuesday, September 18, 2007


I snapped this candid shot last week. *warm fuzzies* I love my little ones...and my not-so-little-anymore ones. Family dynamics are such an interesting thing. P1 and P4 tend to gravitate to one another. P2 and P3 are buddies. It's interesting, to me, because they are the two mixed sex relationships (P1-female, P4 -male) (P2-male, P3-female). I just never expected the oldest and youngest to have a bond like this. This picture just sums it up...she'll lift him up to take in the world. This picture sums up the other two...

Where you lead...I will follow.

I guess we have our own, self-chosen "buddy system", sans Duggar-like uterus and fundamentalism. :)

Speaking of the Duggars - their new special "Duggar Family Album" will be on Discovery Health at 9:00pm on Friday. I'm going to open up a blog post at 6pm Pacific Time and leave it open for discussion. Bring in da' noise, bring in da' fundy snark.

6 comments:

ShadesOfGrey said...

I'm best friends with my (one and only) sister and I'm always touched by close sibling relationships. Nice photos!

Terra said...

Ours is probably a bit different, since there's only three of us, but growing up, I was always closer to my oldest brother (I'm the "baby") than I was to my middle brother. Those pictures are great!

I'm so glad you're back. I really missed you.

Atheist in a mini van. said...

I'm best friends with my (one and only) sister and I'm always touched by close sibling relationships. Nice photos!


Thanks, shades! That's really cool that you're close with your sister. My brother and I barely know each other. He's 10 years older and wasn't around much when I was little. We, honestly, couldn't be two, more different people. Sadly...

And, Terra....Thank you, too. Interesting...maybe there is something to the youngest and oldest forming a deeper bond?

Although, it's not like the other relationships are suffering or anything. All the kids have good interaction with each of their sibs. Bah...

Gramomster said...

There are 5 of us. While we're all fairly close, the closest relationship I have is with my youngest sister, who is almost 18 years younger. We're like different shades of the same color. And then my daughter adds a third shade. Love those girls.

Ang said...

I have 3 older brothers and have never felt very close to them. They often treated me as a pest (as I probably was alot, being the baby AND the only girl). We played games and did stuff together as kids, but I have very little in common with them now, except that we did grow up together in the same house. When I met my husband, I was impressed at how close he and his brother are. Sibling relationships are incredibly important in that they are the longest relationships anyone has in their lives (generally speaking). My 2 sons are pretty close and it warms my heart to see them together, even as they enter adulthood.

tina said...

My mom had 10 and I don't think I'm close to any of them. And we all live in the same town.