Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Culture of death and shout outs!

So...where are the pro-lifers for this one?? If all life is life, then surely they should be protesting this act of genocide, right?

"Local officials in Hollywood say a substance called OvoControl P, which interferes with avian egg development, will be placed in rooftop feeders across the district to slow the high birthrate of the birds, the Los Angeles Times reported Monday. "

Now...let's see how many potential Darwin Award Winners we get when people start stealing the pigeon food. You KNOW someone is going to try that route rather than go to a Planned Parenthood. :)

Ok... shout outs (because I'm bored and kind of sad).
Leyland, United Kingdom - Hello!
Madras, India - I google-earthed this city and couldn't find it,... where is it? One of my doctors was born in Madras. What a coincidence.
Risekatslösa, Sweden - How is that pronounced? Just curious...because, no one has answered this for me, yet. What time does the sun rise and set? It's probably light most of the day right now, isn't it?
Even Yehuda, Israel - Are you an atheist in Israel? How does that go over? I have a friend in Netanya (sp?). Actually, I guess you might be that friend (come to think of it). If so - how's it going? If not - how's it going? :)
Neufahrn Bei Freising, Germany - Gezundheit! ;) You're in Bavaria, aren't you? Chocolate, please!?!
Evansville, IN, United States - Mr. Possum (oh wait, DR. Possum...he didn't spend 6 years in Possum Doctoral School to be called "Mr", thank you very much!) went to IU in Bloomington and he used to stop in Evansville for food. He says it's actually beautiful!
Rocklin, CA, United States - No joke...I live at the intersection of Rocklin and another street. :)
Fort Collins, CO, United States - Robin? That you? If not, then I have another person to visit in Colorado.

Ok... meds are kicking in and my mood is lighter. Peace!
PS - I think I just broke the spellcheck feature with all of the foreign names.

Edited to add:

Auckland, New Zealand - SWEET!! I want to come to New Zealand and see the glow-worm caves.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - FINALLY! I figured out where, in Malaysia, I had a reader.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Madras was renamed to Chennai about 10 years ago. Google Maps (dunno about Google Earth) finds it under either name.

It's on the SE coast of India.

Bryan said...

Risekatslösa
Something like:
Ree-say-kaats-luhsa
though the ö sound probably something you just need to here.

aimee said...

Another fan in Colorado, Denver to be exact.

Aerik said...

Since installing maploco on my own site, I've seen dots in all sorts of places, including Malaysia, Phillipines, and one time in the Indian ocean on an island so small I couldn't see it on Google Maps, had to use Google Earth.

Fun, huh?

Humanist Mama said...

If all life is life, then surely they should be protesting this act of genocide, right?

You forgot that gawd made the earth and all the animals just for us. We can do whatever we want with it. Aren't we special? :)

John said...

Well, we're no Evansville, but hello from IU, Bloomington... It's nice here, too.

Cogito said...

Nonono, man was given dominion over the beasts of the earth, so if we want we can wipe them off the face of the planet entirely, by any means necessary.

The rapture's coming soon anyway, so who cares what happens to Earth?

Silly atheist.

Gramomster said...

Well, on the pro-lifer front, I found this video on youtube, thanks to Anna Quindlen. Pretty interesting...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T95avZoqlhE

Enjoy... or whatever...

Paul said...

[Silentsanta, Auckland, NZ]

Well, we'd love to have you! And, even though I can look out my window and see from one side of the country to the other, there is still heaps more to see than glow worms, should you ever decide to come visit :)

Atheist in a mini van. said...

Well, we'd love to have you! And, even though I can look out my window and see from one side of the country to the other, there is still heaps more to see than glow worms, should you ever decide to come visit :)

Sweet!! :)

Keith Z-G said...

Since it's the only Canada on there I can only assume I'm ", , Canada"; a problem I'm familiar with, I know multiplayer game whose world map seems to place my friend and I (who are a block apart) on the tip of the continent as if to say "well, you're there *somewhere*". That somewhere really is about as remote; Edmonton, Alberta is often used as part of a joke in Canada as the furthest reference point of civilization.

erin said...

Evansville is beautiful, but I'd still take Bloomington any day of the week! Why am I always forgetting that Dr. Possum went to the only college I know of with a lack of identifiable mascot, too?;)

Paul said...

[Silentsanta, Auckland, NZ]


@Keith Z-G: Uhm, hello!