Sunday, February 25, 2007

Questions, questions... some of em' are kinda' odd.

I had a list of comments that were asked during the he-who-shall-not-be-named controversy. I must've stuck the handwritten list in one of the books lying around (at that time), because I reached over and grabbed a new book off the top of my "to be read" stack and found the list. Ha! Some of these questions are really random, but... what the hell? It could be fun.

How old are the possums?
12, 10, 4, and 2. We've got even numbers until July. ;)

You seem to be a pretty cool mom...your possums seem too perfect so what's your secret?
Smart-ass answers (of which I would never actually do, but they keep popping into my head): taser. shock collars. diphenhydramine.
Real answer: The secret is that there is no secret. I do what feels right for each child. I love and discipline them all according to what they need and who they are. There's no easy formula for raising kids. And, what you read about them here is filtered through fierce possummomma instincts and pride.

What do you do like other than like bash on Christians? *(that's exactly how it was worded)
Like, you mean, when I'm not raising four children and writing/researching? Oh, I totally, like, think of all the sarcastic stuff that would like, seriously make you go... "like, wow!"
Sorry. I had to do it. I don't purposefully set out to bash any group of people. I do set out to try and understand why they feel persecuted and/or superior. With that in mind: Why do you feel "bashed"?

What's your favorite type of music?
I don't have one. Right now I'm... *hangs head*, listening to music I won't let my kids listen to. I have ONE Ice Cube song on my jukebox and, every now-and-then, I need to groove to it. "You Can Do It", by Ice Cube. All the talk about rap music, on the Non-Prophets, made me dig it up. Normally, my playlist looks like Sybil is the DJ.

6 comments:

Russ said...

"What do you do like other than like bash on Christians?"

My atheist existence is quite humdrum, so Christian bashing helps to spice things up.

For me, after a long day of torching kittens and kidnapping babies, the real work of any dedicated atheist, I can think of nothing more relaxing than kicking back with a beer and doing a bit of Christian bashing. "Have you ever looked at their eyes? Yuck!" "It's like they all have horrific birth defects or somethin'." "Oh, my God did you see those heinous pumps." It does my heart good to feel so superior. Don't knock it, it's cheap entertainment.

Sometimes on Friday nights we form gangs and hunt the slimy bastards, then, when our evil psyches have been satiated, we have an orgy, and drift off into a spent slumber. Reinvigorated by a night dreaming sweet atheist dreams of chaos, torture and mayhem, we awaken, and reavow ourselves to rid the world of all that is good, all that is right, and all that is true. And yet, as exciting as it all sounds, it does get a bit boring.

Atheist in a mini van. said...

Thanks for the laugh, Russ. :)

Toni said...

ORGYS? There were orgys? Nobody told me... I'm feeling kinda left out.

Shaun said...

P-momma! You've earned your street cred with that Cube track. I, personally, stay away from most hip-hop, but I can appreciate the strides that it made as a genre in the late 80s / early 90s.

By the way, me and my fellow atheists will be having a Baby-Q (baby bar-b-q) next month, and you're more than welcome to join us! Jooooiiiiin usss.....assssiiiiimilate.....!

alisonM said...

Hey, when you finish rounding up those babies, I have a great dry rub recipe!

Atheist in a mini van. said...

ORGYS? There were orgys? Nobody told me... I'm feeling kinda left out.

Yeah, but the orgies were BYOL...bring your own lube. I dunno'. Something about having to actually plan ahead and get the lube,...it just made the whole thing a no-go for me. ;)


P-momma! You've earned your street cred with that Cube track
Word up, homie!
I have quite a collection of hip hop, but most of it is pretty tame. (Here's where I lose any street credit I may have possessed.) Most of my hip hop collection is Top 40 stuff. Does Wierd Al's "White and Nerdy" count?

By the way, me and my fellow atheists will be having a Baby-Q (baby bar-b-q) next month, and you're more than welcome to join us! Jooooiiiiin usss.....assssiiiiimilate.....!
That's a Borg-b-que. ;)


Hey, when you finish rounding up those babies, I have a great dry rub recipe!
I want my baby back, baby back, baby back, baby back, baby back ribs.

*laughs* Now we're like atheist zombies. HEY! That's be a kickass band name: "And now, LIVE from the Hollywood Bowl,...P-Momma and the Atheist Zombies."