Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Questions

Anonymous said: "Have you seen Jesus Camp? I keep waiting for your review."

No! I haven't had the opportunity to watch it, uncut, yet. I have seen various clips on youtube and google video, but I'm really trying to save my opinion until I see the whole thing. From the clips, I can predict that I will probably have much to say.

John Edgemore, of Knoxville, TN, writes: "Why can't atheists just let Christians be. You say you are not a religion but you gather up like a religion and want to put Christians out of America. You don't believe in God. Good for you. Leave the rest of us alone. - Anonymous"

Hello, John...uhh,...I mean, "Mr. Anonymous". Here's the thing, John. When you E-mail me, your signature still attaches to your outbound e-mail, even though you intend to remain anonymous.

So, anonymous, umm, shit, JOHN... Why can't atheists just let Christians be?
Well, John... who came to who? It would appear that you stumbled onto my blog. I didn't come into your home and tell you not to believe. I didn't e-mail you and ask why you "can't let atheists be." I don't go out of my way to pick apart Christians,...I just don't hesitate to point out the flaws in Chrsitianity.

As far as gathering goes, I'm not quite sure what you're referring to. However, why would it concern you if I were gathering with other atheists? Gathering doesn't make a religion. You "gather" together with people you work with, presumably, but I don't think you could classify McDonald's Fry Cook as a religion. Humans are social beings: we like to group. :)

I have no intention of "putting anyone out of America." Except for, possibly, psychotic clowns.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you ever a true believer?

erin said...

My eyes just rolled out of my head at the last comment.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I don't really care if you *were* a true believer - you have made your decision (whatever that may be) and good for you.

However, I do want to know what you have against Psychotic Clowns...

Signed,
Floppy the Bad.
Member of Psychotic Clown Association; Peer of Balloon Benders International; 1995 Runner up in "Adult Scaring".


Proud sponsor of Big Shoes for Little Feet

Atheist in a mini van. said...

Floppy, I rebuke thee.

:)

Clowns, psychotic or otherwise, are the closest thing to hell that I can imagine. Except...well, there are airplane restrooms. But, back to clowns: I just don't like them. It's one of my three totally stupid fears. I suspect that my fear of clowns came from my very first dentist's office. He had clowns drawn on the ceiling, so that while you were lying back in the chair, you saw clowns. I don't know what kind of Svengalli this guy fashioned himself to be, but...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Can't sleep. Clowns'll eat me.
Then, when Poltergeist came out...I couldn't sleep for WEEKS after that clown. I think I prayed a thousand rosaries that month. I also snuck a girl scout canteen into the Church and stole some holy water. My mom was TICKED when she discovered I'd poured a circle around my bed.