Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Politics

Anonymous said...
Do you vote Democrat? I bet you do don'tyou?


Like Erin, I knew it would only be a matter of time before politics became an issue.

As for what I vote, that's between me and my hanging chad. When I pull the curtain across the booth, my choices are my business. I vote for whomever best qualifies, in my opinion, based on study, for the job. I vote on issues the same way. I really couldn't care less what affiliation a person or an issue has. I will say that; I lean toward the right economically (or, at least, so I'm told), I am socially just-left-of-moderate, and I register independent. *shrugs*

7 comments:

Aerik said...

Yeah, I read that comment post and really said "what the fuck?" out loud. Yeesh.

Atheist in a mini van. said...

I know, huh?
Those were about the same words I used when I read it.

Just goes to show how deeply intertwined religion and politics have become in our nation, sadly.

erin said...

nuh uh, I bet you vote straight ticket Democrat, you baby killer!

Seriously, though, I hate how religion apparently automatically decides a political party.

Atheist in a mini van. said...

LOL at Erin...
Yep'. I also sacrifice small animals in the backyard and burn George Bush in effigy. It's all in a day's, atheist's work. NOT!

erin said...

I prefer to do my George Bush effigy burning after church. See how we're building bridges here?

Atheist in a mini van. said...

I'll have to work the bridge buildling in sometime between tatooing pentagrams on myself and pledge driving for AirAmerica Radio. ;)

Anonymous said...

I just came across your menses topic and wonder how frank you really will be when you discuss it further? Will you talk about the sexual aversion men were taught to have about the menses? How women have learned to revile themselves during menstruation? I hope you cover these topics.